Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sinkhole Dreams

I had a rather strange and vivid dream last night. In the dream I was driving up Lawrence Expressway, just north of Prospect, in rapidly moving flood waters about a foot deep. I was moving slowly and cautiously in my car and ahead of me, about a hundred yards, was a guy on a scooter, also moving very slowly through the water.

Suddenly, he vanished, disappearing into the water in the blink of an eye. A whirlpool surged to life where he had been and a sinkhole rapidly opened up under the pavement. A moment later a police officer on a motorcycle passed me on the right hand side, went around the whirlpool and came to a stop on the far side of it.

Then, in the blink of an eye he vanished as the sinkhole widened and became a roaring cataract of water. I pulled to the far right and drove up onto the shoulder, to get my car out of the floodwaters.

Then, I went to join a crowd of people gathering on a small hillock well back from the sinkhole. We stood and watched in awe and an incredible volume of water poured into the massive hole underneath the pavement, the roar drowning out all other sounds.

Moments later, I awoke into the still hours of the morning.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: