Saturday, December 29, 2012

Chely Wright - Wish Me Away

I just watched an outstanding documentary this morning - Chely Wright: Wish Me Away.   It is an inside look at the singers decision to come out and become an openly gay country music singer.  It is a powerful little piece of film and did nothing but vastly increase my respect for her as a person and an artist. If you haven't seen it, I would highly recommend it.



It's an easy going morning today.  I woke up about three AM and couldn't go back to sleep, so I spend an hour of so reading the news on my iPad, then finally fell back asleep. Consequently, I managed to sleep a little later that usual, until about 7:00 AM.  Breakfast was simple, chased with coffee, and I was channel surfing when I stumbled across the documentary above.

My plan today is simple as well. I am going to meet my friends at Hickory Pit for breakfast, the run a few morning errands, then meet my friend Rick for lunch, then maybe catch another movie in the afternoon. I haven't decided which I am interested in, but there are several out there that are on the short list, including Les Miserables and the Cirque du Soleil 3D film.  I'm definitely looking forward to another easy going day.

No comments: