Saturday, March 29, 2008

Books

The Soul Thief by Charles Baxter

As an individual it is very hard for me to even estimate the impact books have had on my life.  A love of reading is one of the many gifts that I am eternally grateful to my parents for.  One wall in the living room of the house on the ranch was a floor to ceiling bookshelf filled with many books.  The shelves were arranged by maturity level - the childrens books on the lower shelves, the teen books a little higher, then the popular novels and works, with classic literature on the upper shelves.  Life was a progression from the lower shelves to the upper and along the way I was exposed to many a great tale.

Currently I am reading Charles Baxter's "The Soul Thief".  Baxter is an excellent (and fairly prolific) writer. I am forcing myself to move slowly through "The Soul Theif" least I consume it in a single gulp.

No comments: