Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Isolations Worth

ISOLATIONS WORTH
(Feb 2003 - San Jose, CA)

Sometimes I catch her,
crying all alone,
when she thinks no one is watching.
I am just a stranger
she never notices me
I carefully turn and look away.
But it tears me up inside
to see the tears in her eyes
and I often wish
I was another man.
Someone who could hold her,
someone who could reach her,
someone who could wipe those tears away.
But I'm not.
The lessons I have learned
in the places where the darkest light burns
have taught me well
isolations worth.
We live and die alone
whether we like or we don't
it simply is the way of this world.
We learn to stand or we learn to fall
we learn somewhere to make our way
or we wander without end.
We can care about each other
We can try to make things right,
but who are we really trying to help?
We're nothing more then strangers
wandering through this life
wondering if we'll find our way
through the brilliant maze of mirrors
through the fire and and the smoke.
We'll be poured into the crucible
we'll be hammered on the anvil
by the Smith of Dream and Destiny.
But I question isolations worth
when I catch her crying all alone
and I carefully turn and look away.


Tags:

No comments: