Friday, December 5, 2008

Sometimes The Night Will Call

Sometimes the night will call
Sometimes the darkness fall
Sometimes you take a chance
Sometimes you lose it all...

I was standing in the shower, the second time for the day, after an
idle morning and the verse above popped into my head. I always like
that when it happens. Sometimes inspiration arises almost complete and
almost without warning, Sometimes you can trace back a tenuous thread
- a word, a phrase, an image, a thought. Other times the inspiration
is just there.

The same holds true for the muses that inspire us in this life. Often
you will never know where they came from. You will never know when the
spirit of a muse is going to descend on someone you already know. It
is just astounding and magical and I like the way it works. Maybe that
is why I always wander around in a perpetual state of amazement and
amusement.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: