Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ending Thursday With The Necessity of Reinvention

Well, Thursday is drawing to a close here at work and if the stars align I am going to meet P. and H. for dinner at either a Japanese restaurant or a Chinese restaurant (Asian ethnicity to be determined later). I am looking forward to it as I haven’t had much of an opportunity to socialize with them in the last couple of months.  I was looking at the calendar today and it’s astounding to me that it is racing toward June.  The first half of this year is flying by at an incredible pace. I’m not really sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.  It’s just a thing.

I read an article today in the KQED magazine about the necessity of reinvention in the light of the recession.  It had some interesting stories but one of the things I often dislike about those type of stories “I used to be a high powered lawyer by now I’ve a baker” is they often lack the necessary detail to make the stories a learning experience.  That observation doesn’t really have anything to do with anything but it is fresh on my mind, as is the necessity of reinvention.

No comments: