Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dreams of Mara

Well, it has been a while since I sat down at wrote.  The last weekend and the first couple days of this week were busy, starting from Sunday morning.  Oddly enough, it was a very simple thing that threw me off on Sunday.  I am a morning person.  I am normally up and about by 5:30 a.m. or so.  In the winter, I like to linger in bed.  On Sunday, I actually slept late - I slept until almost 7:00 a.m.. From there, I went through my ordinary Sunday routine, except it felt as if I was rushed through the entire day. It felt like I was short a few hours all day - which I was.

Monday at work we were supposed to start the day with the director level meeting to discuss the new organizational structure and the changes coming down the road, but it was cancelled because the director was out sick. The meeting was rescheduled for next Monday.  It was a disappointment, as I was waiting to get everything out in the open at work, so I could start working on the transition.  This transition has not been handled well and it is frustrating to me. Monday night T.R. and I had a great conversation about simplicity and Mara and I went to bed that night and...

...spent the entire night tossing and turning in dreams of Mara.  It was an unsettled night, between wrestling with Mara and thinking about work and thinking...and thinking...and thinking.  Then, Tuesday in the office was mostly pure chaos with an assortment of unexpected things going wrong, getting tangled up, getting lost, etc. Late in the afternoon my team and I had a meeting with my manager to talk about the upcoming change and it got emotional (which I expected). We've been together as a department for a long time and as a result of that there is definitely a strong sense of bereavement and loss with the end of our own little era.

Today was not bad, as far as days go. It was brisk and busy and mostly productive and I reached the end of the day and was glad to come home.  Here at home I am watching a few things off the DVR (Glee and Once Upon A Time) following a long, hot, soaking bath. I am looking forward to sliding into a slow evening, free from dreams of Mara.

No comments: