Friday, November 1, 2013

I See Ender's Game


I thoroughly enjoyed Ender;s Game.  I saw it this afternoon over at Century 22, between a rambling park walk and a visit to the Apple Store.  I am an Orson Scott Card fan, I think the guy is a great story teller, and I am also a fan of the Ender;s series of books (my personal favorite is "Ender's Shadow", about Bean), so I was slightly nervous when I went to see the film.  There were so many ways they could have gone wrong.  Let me put my opinion like this - if you think of the novel as a pot of coffee then the movie is a cup of espresso.  It condensed and captures the themes and moral dilemma's of the book in the succinct format of film.  I followed the movie with another errand, then a nap, followed by a slice of pizza at Mama Mia's, then home again. T.R, is out tonight, so I am settled in front of the television.  I watched an episode of Elementary and now I am watching Guy Ritchie's "Snatch", a great little movie.

No comments: