Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday Was A Moving Day

Today was our move day at work. It went pretty smoothly. I got in at about 6:30 AM, did a final sweep of the area and made sure that everything was boxed up, and coordinated with one of the service desk people. Waiting for the movers to arrive I weaved in and out of a couple of teleconferences.

Once the movers arrived it took them maybe 20 or 30 minutes to clear the area out, to get it all loaded up on trucks. I took an early lunch then came back did a final sweep of the work area and then slipped into the series of afternoon meetings. Once I wrapped them up I went over to a new area where people were already starting to settle in and checked on a pair of our people who were there. From there I headed home.

It's a hot day here in California, and it's only going to get hotter over the next couple of days. So, because of that, I am going to look forward to some quiet evenings. I will see how good the air conditioner does at holding off the heat. It did a fairly decent job today but as the building around me stores more and more solar energy I suspect that the end of the heat wave it will be touch and go.

I may drag the mattress out into the living room and sleep out here where I can be a little closer to the air conditioner. I don't do that often but every now and then it has to be done. This evening, after dinner, I took a long hot soaking bath. It may seem strange to take a hot bath on a hot day but I needed it. Moving is a stressful business and even though ours went smooth there was still a good deal of residual stress and a minor emergency or two. But, all in all, I have to say it was a good day.

No comments: