Saturday, May 3, 2014

A Grateful Day

It is Saturday evening here in California. Life has been moving a fairly quick pace so I really haven't had much time to write. Life is good. I woke up this morning with a strong sense of being grateful for what I have. Then, I proceeded to fritter the day away. But it was a pleasant day regardless of what I was doing. 

I woke up early, took a shower, then spent most of the morning reading. After I talked my book away I went over to the Hickory pit to have breakfast with Tony, then we made a walk-through at Best Buy, and then I took a walk-through at Home Depot. I'm looking for a new set of patio furniture but right now I'm in that phase were what I am doing is just kind of trying to see what is out there. 

Oddly enough, so far, the best that I have seen has been at big lots. I'm going to go online here shortly and check for modular patio furniture because I think that's the direction I want to go. I want something that's comfortable to sit on but at the same time I want to be able to lay down and enjoy a quiet evening on the patio. Target has some nice patio rugs and I may get one of those. 

After Home Depot I swung by Bob's to drop some books off for Pierre who was there for a game. Then I swung up to Milpitas and met Don for lunch at outback steakhouse. After lunch we took a rambling stroll around the great Mall and then sat drinking Starbucks and people watching. 

It was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon. Dinner was a nice little salad with grape tomatoes. The quiet evening, once again, reading. I wrapped it up with a quick call to the parents in South Dakota and then flowed seamlessly into this moment. After this quick entry 

I am heading off to bed to read myself to sleep. I missed talking with TR tonight as she had late guests. I end this entry as I and this day in the same condition that I started this morning – grateful. Simply grateful.

No comments: