Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday on a Simple Mothers Day

It is 10 minutes after 7:00 PM Pacific time. I have that great just shaved feeling. Probably because – I just shaved. I went through the day without shaving but as the evening was approaching it was starting to bother me so it had to be done.

It was a good and easy day. It was Mother's Day of course and now that my parents live in town I was able to do something I haven't been able to do most of my adult life. I was able to send my mom flowers. They just don't deliver flowers to the middle of nowhere except the UPS version. They count, but in my mind, it just wasn't the same thing. So, flowers to my mother, the quintessential Mother's Day.

I'm going to go back to South Dakota for a week on the 23rd, staying through the 31st. I'm looking forward to the visit. I'm going to spend a couple of days on the ranch with my nephew and four or five days in town at the Holiday Inn. I'm actually looking forward to staying in town.

After a couple of days on the ranch, well, you get kind to stir crazy if you are used to life in the city. Plus one of the things I'm really looking forward to is not going off the grid. Now it's not that I have anything against going off the grid, as a matter fact I think it's a good idea periodically in the course of any given year to simply drop off. That is something I learned from TR, and have come to value in my own.

However it's no fun to drop off the grid because there is no grid. Then I usually go through two or three days of electronics withdrawal. I'm looking forward to being able to stay on my cell phone while I'm traveling. Oh, I'm sure I'm going to venture into some parts of South Dakota where I fall off the grid, but for the most part it's going to be all good.

Today was a pretty simple day, an early breakfast at the Hickory pit with Tyrone, then a broad sweep of early morning errands, then home. I spent a pair of hours this morning catching up on da Vinci's demons and then headed back out to meet Tony for pizza. After pizza I wandered home and took a nap for about an hour and a half. Then I woke up to do some incidental things around the house and prepare some dinner. After dinner spme cleaning and then this moment, this now, where the only sound in the apartment is the hum of the air conditioner and my voice as I dictate to the Dragon. On that note I'm going to wrap this little entry up and settle in for some reading.

No comments: