Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Forgive, Never Forget

I am tired right now, fighting sleep. I was up at 4 AM this morning and into work for a meeting at about 530. That makes it a long day. I'm struggling to do two things. First I'm trying to stay awake so I don't fall asleep too early. Second I am updating Dragon naturally speaking on my laptop. It is updating my original profile right now and the process is supposed to take about 20 minutes. So, that will help me in the struggle to stay awake!

Yesterday I had the best news I've gotten in 3 1/2 years. After 3 1/2 years under the evil director I am free. Due to a reorganization my entire department has transferred to a new directory. The evil director who used to have five managers reporting to her now has none. She still has a few direct reports, I feel sorry for them. Some of them are my friends so I will do my best to keep a weather eye out for them.

But right now I just feel as if a tremendous weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I am sure my boss feels the same way. For the first time in a very long time the monkey mind did not fight with me on the drive into the office. Working under a bad leader who is unpredictable levies a tremendous amount of stress on a person. When that stress falls away you feel as if you are reborn.

As much as I feel that stress ball away I am sure my boss, who reported directly into the evil director, and was our buffer, feels an even greater degree of stress relief. I am trying not to harbor ill will toward my ex director now. It's difficult because I think that her very presence damages the corporate brand. But, in this life, we have to learn how to forgive and forget. Or perhaps forgive, but never forget.

No comments: