Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Persistent Work Dream

I have a rather persistent work related dream that I thought I would write about this morning. One of the challenges we face at work is that we are often trying to manage and execute multiple overlapping projects.  This makes traditional project management techniques challenging and ineffective.  On several different occasions I've dreamt that I had some sort of elaborate software program, with an interface that is Windows 8 like, which allows me to track and manage all of these projects.  I have no idea what it is, but I like the way it works in the dream. I think I am going to have to look around and see if I can find something like it in the wild.  I am at a point in work where things are fairly intense in terms of moving deadlines and shifting teams, so, unfortunately, work has been permeating my dreams. I would much rather dream of more pleasant things!

No comments: