Friday, April 11, 2014

I Slip Into Friday

I am looking forward to the weekend.  I began this Friday with pizza and a nap.  I'm easing into the evening watching an episode of "The Vikings". Tomorrow I am planning on heading up to Fremont for breakfast, to meet Tony.  Tony has to take his car in for some repairs and I offered to pick him up afterwards.  We'll probably hang out there and catch a movie while we are waiting for them to replace some vacuum system on his C-Max.  It will be a good reason to get out of my current groove.

I've been reading a pretty good piece of fiction, the last of Joe Abercrombie's "The First Law" trilogy - "Last Argument of Kings".  I've had sort of a love/hate relationship with Abercrombie's writing - I love it enough that I am slowly working my way through his catalogue, but I get frustrated because, often, I think he falls short of his own bar. An inconsistency that can be maddening. But, I always contrast that by saying - I like his books, I like his story telling, I like his characters - he just is a hair short of greatness.  With that caveat I would recommend him as an author though.



I am excited this weekend to see a new movie that is coming out - Scarlett Johansson's "Under the Skin". I've seen several interviews and read several articles about the movie - enough to pique my interest.  As always with independent films, I hope it lives up to the hype.



So, it is with all of that in mind that I am sliding into the weekend.  TR is snugged in early tonight, sliding into sleep, which is one of my favorite visuals.  I've got a lot of work that I actually want to do over the weekend, both because I want to move forward on the project that I am working on and because I want to offset some of my vacation time with work time.  Depending on how much work I elect to do this weekend I may be able to offset at least half of the vacation, which will be nice because I am trying to build my vacation store back up having spent it down last year.

Then, finally, as I wind through the weekend I am going to continue my ongoing quest in the process of once again simplifying my life.  I have made some pretty good headway but I am aware that I have a long way to go yet ahead.

No comments: