Thursday, April 3, 2014

Maybe Tinker


Early evening.  I am sitting on the couch.  I've just finished installing my Brother wireless inkjet printer.  It was a bit frustrating, but in the end, it worked fine.  The frustration wasn't in the installation process, but rather in the instructions for that process. As I well know with years of experience, writing instructions is not an easy task.  Or rather, let me say, it is a deceptively simple task - and very hard to get right.

It was a relatively good day at work, though I started with a six a.m. meeting.  However, in the form of temporary redemption, the meeting went well.  A bit of deft maneuvering by the team resulted in the answer everyone wanted to hear.  From there, I just kind of swept through the day, weaving from meeting to meeting, and then wrapping it up with a bit of productivity and successfully completing two tasks.

Tonight leads me into my three day weekend and I am looking forward to it.  I don't have any meetings scheduled for tomorrow, but I will probably check in on work a time or two, since my boss is on vacation.  It should be quiet though. (How many times have those been famous last words?)  I don't have anything planned for the weekend, I just want to relax, enjoy the passage of these beautiful spring days, maybe read a bit, maybe tinker around the apartment.

No comments: