Friday, March 24, 2017

One O'clock

It's one o'clock and I'm up watching an episode of Modern Family. I was a bit mentally exhausted at the end of a rich four days of work and so I crawled into bed at a little after 6:00 PM and zonked out. Zonked out being the technical term for falling straight into a deep sleep. I slept for a good six hours straight and woke up a short while ago.

It's kind of a beautiful night out there, cool and quiet. It's been a long time since I've been awake at this hour. Strange the cycles we fall into. Of course, like most people my cycle is very traditional, driven by the requirements of the working world. It's easy to forget what it is like to be free of the artificial cycle of the industrial world.

Work continues at a high cycle and I've got a couple of small projects on the edge of slipping and I've spent the last two weeks running a pilot project that's very time consuming. Work itself is full of many small cycles and when they don't line up there is a lot of turmoil. I'm wrapped in that turmoil right now. I'd like to be free of it. I'd like to move through days without constantly losing the present to concerns of the future.

Deep thoughts for the middle of the night, but that's what the deep night is best for. I'm going to head back to bed here shortly, read a bit, and then fall back to sleep. It should be a good three days off, even though I will choose to throw some more hours at work.



Sent from my iPhone

No comments: