Sunday, February 8, 2009

Introspective Sunday Morning

I never quite know what starts a particular day in particular mood, but today I woke up and found myself quiet and introspective.  I am not introspective about any one particular thing today - it is more of just a general sense of quietude and self-examination.

I am working on my Mac laptop this morning.  (As a curious note of self-examination, I wonder why I chose the word "working" to describe what I have been doing this morning?)  I had a scanner running on my other laptop - STOPZilla - a spyware, adware killer program.  My friend Tony recommended it.  I have been having problems with the other laptop - something is funky either with the network connectors or with the laptop itself.  

Tony was telling me yesterday, in among the other conversations we were having, that STOPZilla had done a very good job in cleaning his computer up and improving the performance.  It does a very deep scan that takes a couple of hours.  I had kicked it off last night when I went to bed, but at some point in the night my nephew must have shut the computer down - so I have no idea if the scan completed successfully and cleaned the computer.  Since I am not really doing anything this morning, I have the scan running again.

I am sitting here right now, drinking coffee, trying to decide if I am going to do anything today.  I feel like getting out and wandering, so that is a good possibility a little later in the day.  I have to do a load of laundry at some point today, but it is not an urgent task in any way.  There is a certain zen cool that comes with doing the laundry and I think that is a good space to be in today.  (Following immediately on that thought, I thought it would be a good way to spent the morning - doing laundry and then stopping at the Sushi Boat in Westgate for lunch.)

My mind seems to be doing a sort of stream of consciousness thing this morning, so I might try and stay in that zone and just flow with the day.  It seems to be a good day for flowing.

No comments: