Saturday, February 21, 2009

Today I Am Going To Santa Cruz

In about an hour I am driving over to the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf for the 28th Annual Santa Cruz Clam Chowder Cook-Off. The cooking part of it started at 10:00 AM, but the good part, the public tasting, starts at 1:00 PM and runs to 3:30 PM.

I am going to go with my friend Pierre, his wife having decided to stay home and take advantage of him being out of the house to try and clean her den. (For the record, Helen has been trying to clean her den for eight years. Apparently, there is some sort of alternative universe hidden in her den and when things are removed, other things magically appear.)

We are going to be skirting a big Pacific storm blowing in from the north, but we should be ahead of it and back into the Santa Clara Valley before the rain starts. I hope! I also plan on taking my rain coat, just in case.

The festival itself is pretty popular, but we're hoping that that promise of inclement weather is going to keep the crowd under control. Additionally, if it is too crowded, we will adapt and improvise. We're good at that.

No comments: