Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Some Days...

Well, evening has arrived.  We've got a rain storm blowing in tonight according to the Weather Channel, so it should be nice.  Few things lull me to sleep like the sound of rain falling on the roof.  Dinner tonight was tomato soup and a cheese sandwich and, in a few minutes, I am planning to chase it down with some vanilla ice cream.

Yesterday was a long day at work.  We've got upper management out so the day was spent mostly in meetings, with some incidental work scattered in here and there.  One of our analysts was up from Southern California, so I picked her up at the airport in the morning and then dropped her off in the evening.  After I dropped her off I went to a dinner with the management team at Boce di Campo in Los Gatos where I had an excellent pan seared halibut and risotto.  We also played a set of bocce ball, which I had never played before.  None of us were any good, so the two teams were pretty evenly matched.

I got home late, after a fourteen hour day and was too tired to go to sleep, so I tossed and turned for a while.  I woke from a dream of one of our systems engineers telling me that I had to follow the process!  That is just a little too much work on the brain.  (Most of our meeting conversations were around process, so I am sure that is why it was on my mind.)

Consequently today was a day spent mostly in low gear.  I don't think I ever really tried to shift into any sort of high gear.  It was one of those days where I just sort of slowly moved through it, focusing on one thing at a time and then shifting on to the next thing.  All in all though, it was a pretty nice day and it appears to be closing with a nice evening.

I have a couple of subjects I was thinking about writing about tonight but the words are elusive, so I think I am going to let them wait for another day.  I made some rudimentary notes of my thoughts today so I will refer to them tomorrow and see if they make any sense.  A lot of times I will make notes around some subject I want to write about and then on another day - try and decipher what my notes were about!

Tonight then is going to be low and slow and involve vanilla ice cream and pleasant idle thoughts.

No comments: