Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Strange Start To The Day

Okay - let me start with two different things that bookmarked the beginning of the day.

First, I did not sleep well - I woke up on three different occassion through the night - once to the sound of something metallic being dropped, then to the sound of a slamming door and feet stomping down a stairway, then to the sound of a slamming shower door. And all I wanted was a good night's sleep, so that instantly made me start the day with a high level of crankiness. It is an "I want to bark at the first thing that crosses my path" sort of feeling. It has dropped down a notch or two, but that dial is touchy and it could spin back up pretty quickly.

Second, I had a strange dream last night. I dreamt about a woman (no one I knew) who had an untreated STD. Her father was trying to get her to go in for treatment and in order to persuade her he had one of his waiters (obviously, they must have owned a restaurant) who was in a late stage STD. It worked, as he went through the graphic details of untreated STD's and convinced the woman to seek medical assistance. He (the waiter) however also took her through a transformative experience - and she ended up dedicating her life to being a live in companion (free) for individuals in the later stages of AID's. Then, the dream got weird. MTV was giving her some sort of appreciation award on a telecast. Except, in a vote of their peers, she was the award - she was being given to the music star who was most deserving as they battled AIDS. The decision of who received her was being made by public voting, like on American Idol. It was a very strange dream.

I think I am going to blame that one having been woken up multiple times through the night as well. The day is off to a strange start.

No comments: