Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Scent of Rain

I woke up this morning, took a shower, made a bowl of oatmeal, sliced up a blueberry muffin and toasted it for breakfast.*  I watched a few segments of the morning news, none of which managed to stick within my memory, then I packed up to head for work.  I opened the door to the stairwell leading down and was immediately struck by the rich scent of rain.  That is one of the essential scents of spring. Along with it I love the atmospheric feeling of impending rain.  My commute into work was smooth, with the exception of one car who stopped on an on-ramp, having lost their nerve when it came to merging with the flow of traffic. I arrived at the office, parked, and got out of the car to walk across the parking lot.  The scent of rain still lingered and there were incidental tiny drops spattering off everything, including me, but the wind had kicked up and several strong gusts buffeted me around as I crossed to the building.  It is a good day to be working inside.  I feel productive as this morning begins, so let us see if that productivity manages to ride with me through the day.

No comments: