Friday, April 16, 2010

What A Rough Patch Of Road

What a rough patch of road I have been on. When I find myself on a rough patch of road I tend to strip life down to the essentials and just keep moving forward. That is basically what I’ve done for the last six months.  It seems strange as I continue down the path of healing each successive week takes me closer and closer to the point of being healed.  I am still not entirely there yet and I have learned that I really cannot tell you how much farther down the road I have to go.  But, each successive week I feel better and better and it is only in retrospect, in comparison to the week before, that I realize how much better I feel.  Let me tell you, getting a toe amputated is certainly a traumatic event and it has awakened in me a far greater empathy for those people who are going through far greater trauma than I. It feels good to be feeling good though. That in and of itself is one of the simple miracles of life.

 

No comments: