Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thursday Evening Burns



It was nice to wrap up the three day work week tonight, though I made a critical mistake at the end of the day. Because of the variations on my schedule I had Monday as a holiday and then Friday as my normal off Friday, which made for a short three day work week. However, it sure felt like I crammed five days of work in three days and I ended up with more work than I like to have on my plate as I left for the day. I am naturally reluctant to surrender any of my weekend to play catch up, but I may have to invest a couple of hours over the weekend, just so I don't end up to far behind the eight-ball on Monday. Of course, I can also talk myself out of that idea pretty easily to.

Meanwhile, back to the critical mistake I made at the end of the day - I finished the working day by doing three online compliance training classes. At the end of that little cycle I was struggling desperately to stay awake. I often wonder how hard is it to make engaging training materials? Dry and monotone always seem to be the order of the day. We compound that problem at work because I personally think a lot of our training material is - so bland as to be mind-numbing.

So, after work I set off for home, including a stop at the market to pick up some odds and ends, and then I stopped at Holders to meet Tony for a quick bite to eat. I had an excellent plate of Swedish pancakes - and got to see a car fire in front of the market. (The picture is from that car fire, taken with my Blackberry.) From there it was a trip home, a quiet evening with TR, and now I am watching one of my guilty pleasure shows - "So You Think You Can Dance". I am tuckered out, so I am going to sleep well this evening. I am going to be headed straight into dreamland as soon as my head hits the pillow.

No comments: