Monday, June 4, 2012

Notes from the Personal Weekend

Outside of work, it was a fairly pleasant weekend. 

It was my three day weekend, so Friday was a day of laundry and errands.

Saturday I went and saw “Snow White and the Huntsmen” which I enjoyed.  It was a visually beautiful movie and could easily be “seen” for that reason alone.  A lunch with friends after the movie, an afternoon nap, then dinner at Bob’s. 

Sunday was breakfast, a trip through Fry’s Electronics, a run to Barnes & Noble and Starbucks, pool with Don at Edgies, then a late lunch at the Outback, followed by a late nap. The evening was a pair of family calls, which were exasperating to say the least, but that might just be the definition of family! I followed that with the season finale of “Game of Thrones”, then crawled into bed.

Unfortunately, I didn’t sleep well, mostly due to allergies. I tossed and turned through the night, finally waking at about 3:30 AM to take a Benadryl and then fall back asleep.  I am still dealing with the aftermath of that, moving through the day in a half-haze. 

Fortunately, there is a light rain outside, which should clear some of the pollen out.  Right now, post lunch, I really feel a compelling desire to go out to the car and take a short post-lunch nap.

No comments: