Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Day In Fragments

Sometimes, in the middle of doing something else, a pang of loss and loneliness will wash over me. Then, life sweeps on, inexorably. That is the nature of things.

Today was one long meeting.  My first meeting started at 7:00 AM and my last meeting ended a little after 4:00 PM. Inside of that window I had a problem with one of my contacts, which was a low grade irritation through most of the day, until by later in the day it was seriously irritating and I took it out, through it away, and drove home with one eye.

I also had one whopper of a stress headache come on, probably aggravated by the contact (which I didn't realize until later).  I left work early, because of the headache and the eye irritation and came home to finish up the last of my meetings.  Once they were wrapped I ordered a pizza and settled in and watched the last episode of "Ghost Hunters".

My nephews condition remains mostly the same - drug induced fugue state, limited communication, ventilator.

Other than that, that pretty much sums up the day.  I am starting a three day weekend - and I will be working over those three days, but somewhere in there I do want to take some times off and do nothing, deliberately do nothing, for at least the better part of one entire day.

As for tonight, I think I am going to take a nap and then, depending on how the nap goes, wake up a bit latter and figure out what to do for the evening.

No comments: