Saturday, February 22, 2014

Frozen & Black Sails



As I sit here waiting for the arrival of pizza, watching "Black Sails" off the DVR, I thought I would take a few minutes to write.  I really wanted to like Black Sails, but I am afraid it has to land somewhere in the middle - too much talking, not enough action.  It might deliver in the end, but right now, it is on the bubble for me, at least as far as the shows I regularly watch.



Now, on the plus side, I went out today and saw "Frozen" over at Cupertino Square AMC.  I have to say that is was truly excellent.  It seems a little slow to me starting out, like it could not quite find its feet.  Once they found it though it was an outstanding piece of work - the animation was amazing, the story was filled with interesting twists, and the songs were clever and funny and well executed.  Definitely an excellent addition to the Disney canon.

No comments: