Thursday, February 13, 2014

Stay Simple, Stay Focused

Well, I woke up last night at 3:41 a.m. and was basically finished sleeping.  I'd fallen asleep at about 8:30 p.m. last evening, so all in all I did get a solid seven hours of uninterrupted sleep.  I started the day by reading a bit in a new biography of the famous gunfighter Doc Holliday, then splashed through the shower.  Breakfast with Special K and black coffee while I watched an episode of Brooklyn Ninety Nine which had me laughing.  Laughter is always a good way to start the day.  Now, I'm starting the process of getting ready for work and I'm watching the news and the weather channel and I am very glad that I am not on the east coast! I joke that whenever I think about leaving California all I have to do is spend a little bit of time watching the weather channel.

I am getting myself psyched up for a day at work.  I have the day pretty much cut out for me. I've got a mostly open morning schedule with my first meeting at 10:00 a.m.. From there, it is pretty much a solid meeting through the rest of the day, with an exception for lunch (an hour). I'll have to keep lunch in close and simple. I've got plenty of work that I need to do, so I am hoping I can get in and get focused right out of the chute today.  That doesn't always happen.

It is nice to be sliding into the end of the week, but I still have quite a few meetings and quite a bit of work ahead of me. I think I will just try my best to keep it simple and focused.  That is a challenge that I seem to find as a theme running through my life lately.  Stay simple, stay focused.

1 comment:

Mersad said...

I hope the rest of your work week will go smoothly. Take care.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography