Friday, February 7, 2014

Been A While

It has been a while since I've written anything for here.  It has been a busy couple of weeks and I've mostly simply been focused elsewhere.  I started to write an entry this morning, but I didn't like the overall tone that it was taking, so I decided to set it aside and try again tonight.  Things have been going pretty well, just busy as all get out. It's been kind of stressful at work - we are in a state of high chaos, which is really nothing new, but it has been wearing on me.

On the personal side, I am doing pretty good - I am hoping to settle into February for a quiet and easy month with a lot of restful time spent at home.  Today has been a good example.  I had breakfast with Tony at Goodies and then we went out to see Monuments Men, which I liked.  Then, lunch at Chevy's.  After lunch I took a long and meandering walk through Westgate, just to stretch my legs.  From there, home to watch the Olympics from the DVR.  Right now, I am sitting here watching the hours sweep by and waiting for the opening ceremonies in less than an hour now.

So, I really don't have much to say tonight, it has been a while and it is good to be back.  I am tempted to take a  nice hot bath before the Olympics starts, but that might put me straight to sleep.  Thursday was an unusually stressful day at the office - the chaos was just getting to me, so I came home and I was basically exhausted.  I had a nice conversation with TR and then I headed for bed.  I was asleep by six thirty or so - and I slept all the way through until about five a.m. the next morning.  All in all about 11 hours of sleep.   Today was, consequently, a low and slow day.

No comments: