Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Changing Seasons

As I move through this particular season in my life one of the things that I have observed with curiosity is how non-communicative I have become.  It is something I am still wrapping my brain around but basically it manifests itself like this – I observe things, I have thoughts about those things, I think about sharing those thoughts – and then I end up just sitting and observing again.  I have observed some interesting things, about myself and others, as I have gone through this season.

I’ve also been searching for a while for an apt metaphor for what I am experiencing and I’ve settled on a change of seasons in life.  I am not entirely sure what that means, but it is the closest metaphor I’ve derived.  It is a seasonal change not just within me, but within the whole complex relationship with my environment.  However, after having moved through a period of uncertainty, I can say rather conclusively that it has been a good change.  The change of seasons is still underway, but overall, it has been interesting, engaging, and enjoyable.

 

No comments: