Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Maya

Lately I have been trying to grasp the illusion of the past. Specifically I think I have been trying to grasp how we are bound by the illusion of the past. It is strange to think that the framework with which we view the world is almost always a complete post hoc ergo prompter hoc fallacy. (Believing that because a thing preceded a thing, it caused the thing.)  My going to work on Friday did not cause me to go to work on Tuesday.  It proceeded it.  It shaped the form in took.  But it didn’t cause it.

I came to work today, here, now because I woke up and decided to, because I chose to. That is a strange thing. That is something that is hard to wrap my brain around. I think that, to a great degree, I am struggling with the concepts of time and space that create the framework (the illusionary framework) within which I move on a daily basis.  Am I struggling with the very nature of reality?  Perhaps I am. In reflection, most certainly I am. Not in the sense that I am losing my grasp on reality, but more in the sense that I am seeking a firmer grasp on reality. 

 

No comments: