Sunday, May 8, 2011

An Idle Sunday

It is early Sunday afternoon, just after 1:00 PM. I am sitting on my La-Z-Boy in the living, watching the last two episodes of HBO's Camelot and just contemplating things. It's been a good day, a mostly quiet day.

I didn't fall asleep until late last night. Oh, I went to bed early enough, slept about an hour, then woke up and tossed and turned until about 1:00 AM. There wasn't any particular reason, rather I hovered in that place between waking and sleeping where you are aware of the passage of time. Once I fell asleep, I slept deeply and woke at close to 6:30 AM. I tumbled through the shower, had a quick breakfast of oatmeal, and then called home and wished my mother a happy Mother's Day.

I then met two friends of mine for breakfast (Bob and Tyrone) at the Hickory Pit, where I had the Monte Cristo, which was tasty. From there, I stopped by the market, picked up groceries for the coming week, then stopped to pick up two new pairs of blue jeans. (I'd bought a pair of Wranglers a few months ago and strangely, both of them wore a hole in exactly the same spot. I am not sure what caused it - but I do have this thing about jeans with holes in them - I don't like them. While I was at the store I also picked up a pair of black khaki's.)

I found my way home and had lunch - a bowl of cream of mushroom soup and a peanut butter sandwich. Lunch finished, I cleaned the kitchen, straighten out some incidental stuff in the bedroom, and then came online to see if there was anything worth watching at the movie theater. I've already seen "Thor" (definitely recommend it and I see it did 66 million, which is a good opening). Other than that, there really wasn't anything that I was interested in. There is a movie in limited release that looks like it might be interesting, called "There Be Dragons", but it looks like one of those movies you have to be in the right mood to watch.

Since I've got quite a bit of stuff stacked up on my DVR, I thought I would watch the last two episodes of Camelot, which has been enjoyable, especially the performances by Joseph Fiennes as Merlin and Eva Green as Morgan La Fey. Combined with HBO's "Game of Thrones" they have an excellent pair of fantasy based original series running.

Well, I am going to settle in and enjoy the programs for a while, as well as working my way through the Sunday paper. I hope your day is going well, whoever you are.

No comments: