Saturday, May 14, 2011

Six Days Later on Saturday

It hardly seems like it has been almost a week since I posted anything. The last work week passed quickly, with the evenings focused on relaxation and unwinding from the work days. I've got a couple of involved problems going on at work (a pair of data analysis questions and a pair of technical problems) and it took a lot of time during the week to figure out what all of the parameters of them are. I am still carrying them into the next week, but I think I have all four of them pointed toward resolution. It sometimes amazes me the amount of sheer energy that intellectual and knowledge based working takes.

So, today was about as lazy a day as I could conjure. I had breakfast with friends at the Hickory Pit, then we went and saw "Priest" with Paul Bettany and Maggie Q, a visually faithful adaption of the graphic novel. It was well done and enjoyable for what it was - your basic good v. evil, battling the vampires, with a nod to John Wayne's "The Searchers". I definitely liked it.

From there, I wandered home and spent the afternoon weaving my way through the poetry of Li Young Lee, "Our Kind of Traitor" by John Le Carre, and intermittent programs off my DVR (Camelot, Castle, Bones, and Fringe). Late in the afternoon I took a two hour nap, then rolled into a very pleasant evening, again balanced between DVR, reading, and time with T.R. All in all it was an excellent lazy day.

Tomorrow's plan is lunch up at the Texas Road House in Union City at noon, so that means I should move into a lazy morning, I've got four hours of Sanctuary on the DVR, which should be entertaining. I have some more thoughts that I would like to write down, but the day is sliding to an end and I can feel my eye's starting to get heavy.

No comments: