Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Rare Work Day

It was a rare day at work today.  I have one meeting scheduled.  That's it.  One single meeting for the entire day.  That is so rare I can't remember the last time it happened on a regular work day.  I made good use of the time, mostly consulting with the vendor doing the configuration work on part of the project and working O&M items that have been stacking up in my in-box and pulled some data for HR in regards to an internal investigation.

In short, it was a productive day - even if I worked 12 hours, they were productive hours and that made them very enjoyable.  One more day to go this week and I am sliding into a three day weekend.  Most likely I'll be working over the weekend, because we are in that phase of the project. We are at the phase where grinding out the details is pretty much all that remains - and I am sure there are going to be some rocky days ahead as we make that final run.

Tonight though, I am going to curl up and make some project toward finishing The King of Thorns.I probably have an hour or so of reading left and then I will be finished with the book and ready to move on to the next.  I have several collections of short stories that I want to read through (and that I have been peeking at in the pauses in my novel), including several that T.R. recommended.  I just logged off work about twenty minutes ago and I am rapidly spinning in the direction of sleep.  So, whoever you are and wherever you are, I hope you're having a good day.

No comments: