Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thoughts on Tuesday

The first thought in my mind right now is…how is it that you can make a simple mistake (a typo) in something and stare at it for days, checking it repeatedly, and never seeing the mistake until suddenly it’s there? This thought is prompted by the email I use to update my blog from my phone or any other place where I can’t log directly in. The email address is a mix of letters and numbers and somehow I got one set out of sequence.  I must have checked it a dozen times over the last couple of weeks and then suddenly, there it is.  Alternate universes I swear.

I’ve paused briefly in the working day.  It has been pretty productive.  We’re moving down the path toward cutover and go live and we seem to be moving relatively smoothly.  We are in the pre-cutover phase now, where we are preparing the various things we’re going to us in the tight and frantic cutover window this weekend where we’ll basically be working around the clock.  I have tasks early in the morning and late in the evening and pretty much everything in between, so it is going to be a full weekend.

My plans today are pretty simple, at least for the rest of the day. I have this small break here to reflect and then I am off to pair of meetings that will carry me through to the end of the day.  I am uncertain about dinner tonight, I am hungry for something different, so I may swing down to Tsing Tsao and get some of their wonderful honey walnut prawns, or perhaps I will try a different chinese restaurant.

Before doing that though, the first thing after I leave the office, I am going down to an autoglass store on El Camino Real in Santa Clara to get my windshield repaired.  A chip I picked up on Sunday has morphed into a six inch long crack and the whole windshield needs to be replaced. Insurance covers it but the cost of the replacement falls under the deductible so it’s a wash.  (And I am suddenly wondering if, perhaps, there is a Chinese restaurant on El Camino Real, near the autoglass repair place.)

No comments: