Sunday, August 31, 2008

Downtown San Jose

I am sitting at the fountain in front of the San Jose Center for the Performing Arts, listening to the crash of water. The sun is warm on my back and shoulders but there is a cool breeze flowing across me. A band is playing somewhere in the distance and I hear the accents of a dozen countries around me. I am drinking a raspberry lemonade and watching the crowds wander by here at the San Jose Art & Wine Festival. It is shaping up to be a beautiful day and I plan on spending most of it here, eating, drinking, visiting friends, and listening to live music. I love the simple celebration of life a crowd represents, with the diverse symphony of sights, sounds, smells, and tastes. I will have to run around and touch things to make sure I get all five senses covered. Sent via BlackBerry by AT

No comments: