Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Subtle Things

Just thought I would share with you all the subtle influence of friends. The other day I was having a bad day. I was cranky by the end of the day. I was running on a short fuse. It had been a long day and I was pretty much done. I circled home and had just settled in for the evening and the phone rang. It was a friend of mine. She needed a ride home from work. At 10:00 PM. I could think of a dozen reasons not to do it. But, what I thought of was a story a friend of mine had told in chat about a friend of hers. Her friend, when he had a bad day, or was feeling down or cranky, would go out of his way to deliberately do nice things for other people. So I said sure. I did it. And danged if it didn't work. A life lesson - but also the subtle power of friendships. A man I never met, through the chain of friendships, helps a woman he had never met - the power of subtle things. Sent via BlackBerry by AT

No comments: