Monday, August 25, 2008

Last Night I Dreamt Of A Rock

Last night I dreamt of a rock. It was a very big rock embedded in a hillside overlooking a river valley.  It was thirty feet tall, twenty feet wide, and twenty feet deep. It weighed 600 tons. My job was to move the rock from the hillside to the valley floor. I knew that I could dig the rock out and once it was free from the hillside, I could tip it out and gravity would do the rest.  I had to move the rock by hand, using only hand tools, working alone. In the first day, using a pick axe, I cut a trench four inches wide and two inches deep and twenty feet long across the hillside at the back of the rock.  At that rate I knew it would take me 180 days to free the rock from the hillside.  It was a daunting task. But, it was quite possible to do. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: