Thursday, July 8, 2010

Six Lessons

I read this today and kind of stripped it down and paraphrased it because I thought it was excellent advice.  The original article is here. I’ve trimmed a few out because they were retirement specific and what caught my eye was not the retirement aspect of it but the solid life advice of it.

 

http://www.fundadvice.com/articles/retirement/ten-retirement-lessons-from-the-smartest-people-i-know.html

 

1.  Happiness in life is not a direct function of how much money you have.

2.  Wealth comes from the choices people make, not the chances they take.

3.  Those who plan, prosper.

4.  The quality of your life is shaped by the quality of the people in your life.

5.  Active trumps lazy, every time.

6.  Don’t wait for “real life” to start.

 

I was especially struck by the delineation between chance and choice, which I whole heartedly agree with.

No comments: