Saturday, September 10, 2011

Three New Books




Yesterday I came home to find a small pile of Amazon packages on my doorstep. Inside of them were three new books, each slightly different then the other, each with their own attraction.

This is the cover of the first of the three - "The Ink Dark Moon: Love Poems by Onono Komachi and Izumi Shikibu, Women of the Ancient Court of Japan" by Jane Hirshfield. T.R. recommended this one - I love the simplicity and directness of Japanese poetry, there is a spare elegance to it that dazzles me.

The second book is "The Winged Seed: A Remembrance" by Li-Young Lee. This one was also recommended by T.R. If you're not a fan of Li-Young Lee you're missing out on a brilliant and articulate poet whose work is the work of a master artist. I have several of his connections of poetry and this is his memoir, a poetic work in itself.

The third book is "The Ending of Time" by J. Krishnamurti and David Bohm. I am a huge fan of David Bohm's "Wholeness and the Implicate Order", and recently I have been semi-obsessed with time, so this book seemed like it would be a good read.

No comments: