Thursday, September 15, 2011

Watching "The Fall"


After a longer than expected day I took the slow route home, grabbed a salad on the way, and then spent a bit of time this evening watching "The Fall". It is a movie about a story. Rather than mangle the plot, this link will take you to Wikipedia, which does a far better job explaining it than I can - "The Fall" by Tarseem Singh. I very much enjoyed the movie.

I have a deep love for a good story, and since this is essential a movie about two people telling a story, I was hooked early on. If you are unfamiliar with Tarseem Singh, in addition to "The Fall", he also did "The Cell" with Jennifer Lopez, and he has another movie coming out "The Immortals" (about Theseus). He has a tremendously vivid visual style and his films are highly stylistic. "The Fall" was no exception. It was nice to just sit there and be dazzled at the end of the day.

So, if you are up for a feast for the eyes, I'd recommend "The Cell" or "The Fall" equally, if you haven't seen either. The poster is one of several versions that supported "The Fall" when it was out in movie theaters.

Tonight, with a minds eye full of the vivid images of Tarseem Singh, my plan is a quiet evening with reading and some time with T.R.

No comments: