Sunday, September 25, 2011

Get Low With The Killer Elite


The season has scarcely turned to fall and we were given our first shower today. It didn't amount to much, gray skies, cool wind, a few raindrops, but it was the promise of the California winter to come. This weather is great for sleeping in, which is what I did this morning. I lingered in the cool grayness, curled underneath the blanket, and enjoyed the simple pleasure of it.

I was lazy through the morning - breakfast of oatmeal, Greek Gods yogurt, toast and black coffee. I watched a couple of television shows off the DVR - Haven and Nikita. Both of them were enjoyable. I went out and played a few games of pool, then done to the movie theater to see the new movie "The Killer Elite" with Robert DeNiro, Jason Stratham and Clive Owen. I'd like to tell you it was better than it was, but it wasn't.

After the movie I came home and took a nice long nap. Dinner was a bowl of chili and I am currently watching, for the second time, a very good movie - "Get Low" with Robert Duvall and Sissy Spacek. I will give it the hearty recommendation that I would have liked to have given "The Killer Elite". It is just a great little movie, well worth your time if you Netflix or come across it on cable. I grabbed in on my DVR from Starz. Of course, you can rarely go wrong with Robert Duvall.

My Kindle is on the charger and tonight my plan is to spend a quiet evening reading some more in "The Clash of Kings" before I call it a night, then tomorrow I get to start the work week all over again.

No comments: