Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sometimes The World Gets Loud

Moving through the modern world there are times when the world simply gets too loud.  I am having one of those days.  I had a nice brunch with friends, then ran a set of errands (Fry's, Home Depot, Barnes & Noble), then started to look around for a new watch band at a couple of different places.  As I did, I noticed that the world was starting to get too loud.

The ambient music in the stores, the sound of other peoples cars, the overheard conversations - all of them were just too loud. I took that as a sign that it was time to go home and try and find some pease and silence. I am not sure what triggers days like that, sometimes I don't think there is a specific trigger, that it just happens.  Maybe there is a threshhold where we have simply heard enough.  When you consider all of the artifical noises in our modern world, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

No comments: