Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Lazy Sunday With The White Queen

A lazy weekend of slow moving days, late summer unfolding at its finest. On Saturday I went out and saw "The Family", with Robert DeNiro and Michelle Pfieffer.  It was an enjoyable film, the best I have seen in a while, directed by Luc Besson.


I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a simple and enjoyable film. Diana Agron does a very good job as well.  She is quite the actress and I suspect we are going to hear more for her as the years go by.  I get the feeling that she has yet to find her full stride or the perfect role.

Last night was a quiet evening at home, a wonderful conversation with TR, and a good night sleep.  I started reading Neil Gaiman's "The Ocean At The End Of The Lane".  It is pretty good so far. I am a fan of Gaiman of course and this seems to be one of his good ones.  I am looking forward to reading it.

Today, I had a bit of an internal debate on whether or not I should spend the afternoon reading or watching "The White Queen" off the DVR, from Starz.  I have five episodes on the DVR and I am planning on working my way through them all today now that I've started it. So far, it is also pretty good.


Just from watching "The White Queen" I find it so very hard to even imagine what it was like to live in those days.  We here, in this century, are so accustomed to the rule of law, as imperfect as it is. Imagining living in a world where might made everything right.

I had a great exchange of texts with TR in the afternoon - touching and poignant. I often find myself simply saying this - life is an amazing thing.

No comments: