Sunday, September 1, 2013

Simple and Relaxing Day

It has been a good weekend. Saturday, I met Tony for breakfast in Fremont at the Classic Diner and then spent the day at the Highland Games.  I took my camera with me but due to a smudge on the lens, at first pass, I didn't get anything particularly good. I am going to take a run through them again tonight to see if there is something that can be salvaged, some portion of picture outside of the smudge.  I got home about six p.m., had dinner, watched a spot of television and was in bed, asleep, by eight p.m. or so.

This morning I lingered in bed for a while, had a short conversation with TR, then started the day with a long shower and breakfast at the Hickory Pit.  For there, I went to see the movie "The Grandmaster" which was a visually rich film. I enjoyed it, but I suspect it is not for everyone.  If you are in to martial arts movies though, or if you are in to spectacular cinematography, then I would definitely recommend the movie. Under those circumstances I would even go so far as to recommend buying the movie when it becomes available.  I know that I am going to add it to my collection.

After that I headed over to the car wash, then home.  At home, I watched an episode of "The Bridge", then took a short nap, followed by a hot shower and a pizza order for dinner.  Next, I spent the last two hours watching an amusing older movie - "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" with Robert Downey, Jr., Val Kilmer, and Michelle Monaghan.  That is another one of those movies that, if you have never seen it, I would definitely recommend it.  In a short period of time I am going to move over in front of TV and watch the latest episode of Copper live.

I guess, to sum all that up, it has been a great and relaxing day where I really didn't do anything.  I need more days like that.  Days of simpleness and relaxation.  Maybe I will manage to pull another one together tomorrow.

No comments: