Friday, August 30, 2013

Starting The Weekend

I stacked up a pair of productive days at work, so that was a very nice feeling.  I am still about twenty hours behind, but it is better then the thirty I was the other week. This week there was a sense of movement in the right direction. I did log in with sixty plus hours this week, a goodly portion of it on a few long days of travel.  Consequently, I am glad the weekend is here.

I came home a little early this afternoon and tried to take a nap but there were a variety of interruptions that kept it fitful.  I woke and went out and met Tony for dinner at Patxi's, then circled back home, where I am settling in to the start the long Labor Day weekend.  The plan is to pick Tony up at about 8:30 tomorrow a.m., grab breakfast in Fremont, then head up to Pleasanton for the Highland Games, my favorite festival.



Tonight, I am going to watch a few things off the DVR - Copper (on right now), and then a pair of episodes of The Bridge.  I've got some movies stacked up as well, so I might watch one of them as well.  I am really looking forward to the weekend - besides the simple chance to just relax, I am going to do some house cleaning, start the process of getting ready for the fall.



TR has family in for the weekend, so that is a good thing. I am hoping to get a chance to talk with her tonight, but we'll see how that goes.  Family, when it is functional and loving, is an amazing thing.  I imagine it is also amazing when it is not functional, but just in a different way.  I often describe my own family as being "mostly functional". That might be a charitable description. (I say that with a sense of humor.)


No comments: