Friday, August 23, 2013

Three Good Things

Let's start this entry with a triplet of good things.  Last night I finished up Orson Scott Card's "Earth Afire", the second book in his Formic War series. I enjoyed it very much and found it to be classic Card. I am looking forward to the third book, which I think is due out later this year.  The series comes with my readers readers recommendation.



Then, today, I slipped out and met Ty to see "The Worlds End"', the third movie in Edgar Winter's Cornetto Trilogy (the trilogy that really isn't a trilogy).  It was up to par with the other two entries in the franchise, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.  I enjoyed it very much - I may slip out and see it again. 



From there, I came home and basically napped the rest of the afternoon away, then went out and met Tony at a Chevy's for dinner.  Initially, we'd been headed to Frankie, Johnnie and Luigi Too in Westgate West, but, alas, it has closed.  Fortunately, Chevy's was close by and the food was good enough. 

I had a moody day today.  I have a little bit of the work burnout going on - too many projects, not enough resources. I may write about it later, but for now I am going to drop off for a phone call.

No comments: