Wednesday, August 28, 2013

42 Hours

It is late Wednesday morning and I’ve already worked 42 hours this week.  Sunday through Tuesday was business travel back east.  Tuesday was a full day of work, meetings, and then an afternoon flight home.  On the plus side, I did make the flight out of Dulles in the late afternoon. The drive from HQ to the airport had a few Popeye Doyle moves, but nothing too drastic. 

There was a ground delay on the Dulles end of the flight due to a broken air conditioner in 1st Class, but the plan was mostly empty, so there was room to sprawl and we were not packed in the sweltering heat.   I got home about 11:00 PM last night, crawled into bed and went right to sleep.  A calf cramp woke me with a sudden stab of pain in the middle of the night, but other than that, it was a good night sleep. 

I am flying low and slow today.  I think my body still needs another night of sleep or a slow and relaxing day to unwind. I’ve got a couple of things here at work that I would like to accomplish here today. I’ve already got one of them off my plate and so I am hoping that I will be able to clear another later today, maybe two. 

Since I took that Friday almost two weeks ago to get reorganized, well, the chaos hasn’t really subsided, but I am not able to cut slowly through the chaos and there is the promise that it might subside at some future date.  Sometimes I think that promise is the only thing that keeps me moving forward, even though, as far as promises go, it seem to be mostly a lie.  

There isn’t much to write about in my personal life in the last couple of days.  (The reason is in the first sentence of this entry.)  But, I am hoping to be able to get out and do some personal things, to spend some me time, over the next couple of days and, most importantly, into the Labor Day weekend when I get to go to one of my favorite festivals - the Pleasanton Highland Games.

No comments: