Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Thousand Names

So, there is this thing called a personal life. I do have one.  I just sometimes forget where I set it down and then I wander around for a while looking for it.  I am about to enter into a sweet little cycle here - first, there is the three day weekend associated with the Labor Day holiday, then I work for three days, and then, due to my 9/80 work schedule, I will be off for another three day weekend.  That should provide me with a nice little decompression schedule for the high work cycle.

I actually flexed out early today, leaving around 1:00 PM and driving home so I could take a nap.  It was not a particularly good nap.  The landscapers were here at the apartment complex with their variety of machines making an equally impressive variety of noises. I slept, but it was fitfully. It did manage to take a little bit of the edge off.  When I was at work and I ran out for lunch I realized that I was dangerously tired, so I thought I would pop home before it became risky to drive.

I fitfully slept about two hours, then woke up to have breakfast (a homemade sausage and potato soup), and a nice call with T.R..  My plan was to watch Ray Donovan off the DVR, but instead I ended up in the phone and had another nice conversation with my mom and step-dad, both in good spirits at the age of 77. By the time I went to watch Ray Donovan, my DVR was fully engaged recording several shows at once, so I decide to let it rest for tomorrow.  I am planning on working short but productive days for the rest of the week, focusing down on what needs to be done.

I start reading a new book while I was on vacation, but I haven't gotten very far into it.  I like the writers style so far and I suspect it is going to turn out to be a decent fantasy tale. The novel is called "The Thousand Names: Book One of the Shadow Campaigns" by Django Wexler.  I am looking forward to dedicating a little more time to reading, perhaps tonight, as soon as I finish this entry. Right here, right now.



No comments: