Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday's Total

Tuesday is off to a somewhat better start then Monday was. I was planning on working from home today.  I have one big project I am working on that requires a couple of hours of quiet time and then I have a four hour set of meetings from 10:00 AM to 2:00 AM.  So, it is going to be one of those days that I am going to be here - but I am not really going to be here.  Those days are best spent working from home.

However, when I was leaving the office last night, I forget my notebook.  I have a working notebook that I fill with the details of things. In this case, it happens to hold the details of the big project work I need to do.  Unfortunately for me those notes were important enough that I felt I needed them. I probably could have done the work without them, but it would have been harder and more time consuming.  So, I figured I might as well come into the office.

On the purely technical geek side, I just got a pair of 22 inch monitors installed here at my desk and it’s nice.  I have one set on portrait and one on landscape.  I do most of the work on the landscape one and I set all my reference material and monitoring tools on the portrait one. I am only half joking when I say I want a third monitor.  It would be nice to have two of them set in portrait, one on each side of the one set in landscape. I like the portrait so much that I am going to see if I can get a portrait rack for my monitors at home.

I slept fairly well last night, though I was woken in the middle of the night by some truck driving down the street outside, since my windows are open.  We are supposed to spend the next two weeks or so in the comfortable 80’s during the day - beautiful California summer weather. I’ll definitely feel the need to head out for a park walk or a hike or something. It will be nice to get outside and enjoy the waning days of summer.

Fall is rapidly approaching. I happen to love fall, so that is fine with me, but it will be a fond farewell to summer. I had a busy summer and I would have liked it to be easier, to be quieter, to be more serene and peaceful, but that wasn’t in the cards.  It wasn’t bad by any stretch of the imagination. It was simply not as quiet as I would have liked.  Well, I need to settle into the working day, start that cycle of analysis and meetings, so I am going to wrap it up here.  Whoever you are, wherever you are, I hope you’re having a great day.

 

 

No comments: