Friday, May 16, 2008

The Pool

The Pool

It is 98 degrees outside in an unseasonably hot California day.  Last night, the temperature barely dipped below eighty here in the apartment, so today definitely shaped up to be hot, pure and simple.  It is actually one degree cooler than it was yesterday at this time, so that is a relief...okay, well, maybe not. 

So the first thing I did when I got home was take a dive into the pool and splash around for a while.  It was relatively empty (a woman and three kids) compared to yesterday (at the peak, there were about twenty people in the pool), so it was nice and refreshing.  I will definitely be taking a dip a little later in the day as well. I like to take a run through the pool about an hour before I lay down and try to go to sleep - I find it helps immensely on those hot days. 

No comments: